Do you feel that now is the time to implement search engine optimization (SEO) for your website?
Would you like to leverage the internet to have 100s to 1,000s of additional customers:
- Landing on your site before a competitor?
- Trusting your content as an expert opinion?
- Giving you direct contact for more information?
If this is the case, you’re going to benefit significantly from these free SEO tips.Professional search engine optimization comes at a heavy price, however the amateur can be effective with the SEO tips provided throughout this article. This information is meant for entrepreneurs, marketers, managers, and small business who would like to benefit from free SEO rather than spending thousands of dollars.
Upon completion of this article, you will be able to implement these SEO strategies on your website immediately in a step-by-step fashion.
These free seo tips encompass the fundamentals of boosting page ranking, and even the experienced internet marketer will probably benefit from the following information.
Free SEO Tip #1: Definition of a Keyword
Keyword [kee-wurd] n. – the words that your audiences will most likely input into a search engine
Newbie tip: Since “keywords” are the words that people search for in Google, each page should target a set of “keywords” most relevant to their product or service
Examples: If you’re a local home remodeler, a target keyword for you may be “kitchen remodeling annapolis” – if you’re a computer repair shop, a target keyword may be “laptop repair maryland”
Every business has a set of target keywords. The website should reflect each keyword on an individual basis, dedicating an optimized page for each one of them.
Free SEO Tip #2: Choosing the Best Keywords
In the industry, we refer to the activity described here as “keyword research” which is short for the process that best identifies the web real-estate a business will want to go after.
Here are some free SEO tips for performing “keyword research”:
- Go to Google and perform a search for “Google Keyword Tool”
- After a brief brainstorm, input your suspected keywords into the tool. Avoid using geography, so if you are a small business consultant in Baltimore then just type “small business consultant”.
- The tool will return a list of related keywords and how often each is searched for on a monthly basis.
- A great keyword has a combination of relevancy and search volume. The volume is provided for us generously by Google. The relevancy, however, requires the human element.
- Select 5-10 of the keywords with the most relevancy and highest search volume. You are now ready for the next step.
Free SEO Tip #3: Where to Put Keywords
There are different places on each page that should include the targeted keyword. This is information that we discuss in these free SEO tips as well.
We refer to these places as “SEO Points” and some of the most critical are:
- Page Title – search engines factor the page title heavily into their rankings
- Page URL – this is another crucial location for target keywords. If your page URLS resemble YourSite.com/services, you will want to consider adjusting them to something along the lines of YourSite.com/target-keyword-services
- Page Headline – this is a tricky part of SEO since it is important that the keyword be present, while at the same time remaining catchy and interesting to reader.
- Page Meta Description – It is of moderate importance to include keywords for search engines to pick up but, like the headline, a good meta description remains catchy and relevant.
- Page Copy – it is of extreme importance that a keyword be distributed throughout the actual visible copy of the page.
- Page Meta Keywords – although Google no longer considers meta keywords in their algorithm, smaller search engines still credit them so it doesn’t hurt to input target keywords there as well
Free SEO Tip #4: Optimizing Your Site for KeywordsNow that you’ve targeted keywords and learned about the “SEO Points”, it is not time to implement the changes which will yield a decent increase in the traffic and leads received by your site.
First, ask yourself, “Do I have pages on my site that already contain my target keywords?” and “Do these pages focus on my set of target keywords on an individual basis?”
If the answer to both of these questions is “yes”, then modification of the SEO Points (titles, URLs, headlines, etc.) to include the target keywords is all that is required.
If the answer to either question posed above is “no”, then just create new ones.
SEO Tips for Creating New Pages:
- Create one page per target keyword and include it in the SEO Points we’ve previously discussed.
- For the best results it is imperative that each page provides information that the reader is seeking. A short page with irrelevant information will do little to serve our purpose. Take some time and put yourself in the reader’s shoes.
- A new page should be 300-500 words, including the target keyword 2-4 times throughout the page copy.
- Create a link from your homepage to the new page or else Google will never find it. Deciding where to link the page is important for SEO and is more of an advanced practice.
Of course, many of the strategies utilized by an advanced SEO professional have not been mentioned in this article and some of them can make a tremendous difference. However, if you were to follow all of the steps outlined for now…Even if you do nothing else…
They would likely result in an increase in traffic and leads as soon as a week from implementation. Expect a jump anywhere from 10% to 100% of the course of the next few weeks and months.
Free SEO Tip #5: Consult a Professional
It is our hope that if you need SEO for your site, but are on a tight budget, or are more of a do-it-yourselfer, that this post gets you started in the right direction for free SEO.
If you want to know more about the ideal way to write SEO Points, advanced keyword research analysis with behavioral search targeting, or content structure and architecture, you may contact me directly for more free SEO tips.
I am a partner of a Baltimore SEO company that has been in business for over two years.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Arsham_Mirshah/326013